The team at Gilson-Moreau & Associates, P.S. has an opening for an experienced and confident associate attorney. As an associate with our firm, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from experienced family law attorneys. In addition to drafting family law pleadings and documents, responsibilities will include maintaining one’s own case load, set own calendar, conduct consultations with potential clients, regular case updates with paralegals and staff, and answer e-mails in a timely fashion. We are looking for a self-motivated associate who is also a team player. This is a hybrid position with the opportunity to work both in office and remote.
- At least two years of family law experience as an attorney (however, those with some paralegal or law clerk experience would also be considered)
- Licensed to practice law in Washington State/WSBA member in good standing
- Knowledge of the Washington State court rules and procedures related to motion practice in the counties of King and Pierce counties
- Experience with Dropbox/Adobe/MS Office 365/Linx/Odyssey/Family Soft/Amicus Attorney (or similar attorney programs) or the ability to learn any of the listed systems quickly
- Excellent writing skills
- Willingness and ability to work both as a team and individually
- Stable internet and phone access
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse cultural, educational, ethnic, generational, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
We are a small boutique firm specializing exclusively in family law litigation and mediation services. We currently have two full-time attorneys and one attorney who is transitioning to a mediation practice only. Although we are a small firm, we have a strong reputation in our community as dedicated and experienced family law attorneys.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and performance with the possibility of a yearly bonuses.
401k and employer matching
Medical and Dental insurance
Firm pays Bar Dues and up to 15 CLE per year
Bonuses (based on profits)
Full-time, Monday- Friday
We are looking to fill this position immediately. We are currently scheduled to interview applicants on a rolling basis with the intent to hire the first qualified candidate. Interviews will be conducted via video conference using Zoom.
Documents Required with Application:
Resume and Cover Letter
425-462-2226 or contact us